From:
John Sproule <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Oct 2003 09:34:07 -0400
Others have already addressed the master boot record and GoBack.  I don't
use GoBack regularly, but if I am recalling my bit of experience with this
program correctly, I think that it alse creates a hidden partition for it's
use.  FDisk can't see this partition, as it doesn't recognize it, but other
programs, such as Partition Magic will show it.  In any case, this is why
you must uninstall GoBack before going through a reformat/reinstall process.
Otherwise your drive manufacturers "low format" or "write zeros" utility
will effectively remove all partitions so you can start over with FDisk
(again, as others have suggested).

John