From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Mar 2005 23:35:48 -0800
  Microphone levels are typically a tiny fraction of line levels.  It can't
hurt to check and make sure you're plugged into the mic input and not the
line input.
  I've found a reference to a 1.5v power source for this mic -- sounds like
a single battery cell.  Do you have this?

David Gillett

On 23 Mar 2005 at 19:01, bob warasila wrote:

>  I have an ASUS P4P800 Deluxe system with integrated sound.  I have
> the latest drivers for the sound card and it works fine with the CD
> player and any sound I encounter on the Web.  I can't get my
> microphone input to work.  Because everything else works I'm thinking
> it has something to do with my settings for the sound functions.  I
> have the volume set at max on the playback menu and the microphone
> volume set at max.  Same on recording with microphone selected.  This
> is a new Labtec PC Mic333, I doubt it is the mike.  Any ideas?
>
> Bob Warasila

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml