From:
Winston Pike <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 31 Jan 1999 23:39:10 -0500
>    The way I understand this, the 115,200 setting is only to set the
>maximum speed limit, not to set the actual connection rate. Your actual
>connection will never exceed 53 Kilobytes, and will rarely get to that.
>
>            Wayne Harris in New Hampshire

I finally got my 56K modem working. (There's a little check box
for "LOG on to Network" that has to be checked) But until that
different modems use the ATWx command where x=0,1,2
depending on the modem brand. The ATW2 will lock up some
brands so start of with 0 or 1 first. Then when you move your mouse
pointer over the modem status in the TRAY (don't click) wait a sec
and the message "221056 bytes received 31645 bytes sent @ 49333 bps"
should appear. I can normally connect at 49333 and 48000 everytime.

Winston

PS: I also got lucky and did a FTP through Netscape from ftp.cdrom.com
last night and had a steady 4.8kps for over half of the transfer.

                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html