From:
Goran Halfvarson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Jul 2001 13:05:44 +0200
How can I reuse the "normal" drive letters (C, D, E, ...) in my clean
Windows 2000 Pro installation?

My plan is to make a clean installation of Windows 2000 Pro while
maintaining my Window NT 4.0 Workstation installation (i.e. dual-boot).
I will install applications in Win 2000 and move data from the NT disk
to my new Win 2000 disk, one application at a time.

Windows NT has been installed on an IDE disk having the following
partitions:
BOOT (C:) -- containing the OS
PROGRAMS (D:)
BACKUP (E:)
DATA (G:)

Windows 2000 Pro will be installed on a new SCSI disk, using a similar
division into four partitions. I want to use drive letters C to G with the
SCSI disk.
The OS will again be installed on the C: drive.

Will I have to physically connect only the drive I want the boot into, and
disconnect
the other disk, every time I want change OS:s?

Can anyone give some comments, or an improved action plan, please?

Regards,
Göran Halfvarson

[This message was also posted yesterday to news group
microsoft.public.win2000.general]

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml