From:
Olushola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Aug 2000 22:23:34 -0400
I agree with Tom.  More and more people are using DVD  players to play video
(VCD or SVCD)  they burned on a regular CD-RW.  This is the most cost
effective route when you consider that the investment cost for creating
legal DVDs is about $8K plus $40 for each DVD disk.  I have a friend who
create high video quality presentations for corporate types. Others are
using it for weddings.

The down side is that VCD or SVCDs don't have wide distribution since the
format is not recognized by all DVD players.  But for presentation and
training applications it can't be beat.

Olushola Sowande

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html