Date:
Mon, 7 Mar 2005 14:31:06 +0100
I've been following this conversation with great interest - I install XP on
different old boxes several times a day... That's why I intervened at the
beginning. I'm looking forward to hearing how the problem gets solved.
Having seen XP installs drop out in all sorts of different ways, I cling to
the idea that a DOS / SMARTDRV install might get round the problem - however
I'd go along with the idea that updating the BIOS would help. I had to do
that once.
I do however have the Micro 2000 post probe card and that is sometimes a
great help but it's only justified if you have to do this sort of operation
often.
Keep us posted!
All the best
Keith Braithwaite