From:
Larry Fisk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Jul 2001 16:51:28 -0600
Al;
I would suppose that the 16mb of  "missing " memory
is used by onboard video. If you don't have onboard video
your system may just be mis-reporting the amount of memory.
You can usually go into setup and see how much memory is allocated to the
onboard video .
On the file C:\CDROM\CDROM\cdtech.sys problem,
your computer is trying to load this realmode (dos) cdrom driver in your
config.sys
or autoexec.bat. Simply rem out that line(s) and you won't see that error
message.
What is the exact error message you are getting when you try to copy a
floppy
to the hard drive. Can you "see" the files on the floppy?
Is it possible you  have dis-lodged a cable when you were swapping out
memory.?