From:
Kenneth Whyman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Jan 2009 11:09:21 -0700
This may not be a sound card driver issue. This may instead be an
incompatibility between JAWS and the Windows Vista operating system. JAWS
has to hook deep into Vista to do its job properly, and Vista may not like
how JAWS goes about that, among other thoughts that occur to me. Be sure
your operating system is fully patched, and that you are using the most
recent stable release of JAWS. Checking into more current drivers is still a
good idea to pursue, as well. Check with Toshiba and Microsoft and see if
either of them has seen and addressed a similar issue. Either company or the
maker of JAWS may already know how to fix your issue with a software patch,
driver update, or settings change.

Kenneth Whyman
"Chance favors the prepared mind."

On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 10:12 PM, Marvin Hunkin <[log in to unmask]>wrote:

> Hi.
> i notice when i start vista, it does not say the welcome message and got
> automatic login.
> and then it has a pitch sound, turns on and off, then jaws comes up, then
> the windows live sound.
> but does not launch windows live messenger.
> and have updates set to automatic.
> and notice that, if i leave it idle, it does the same thing, a weird pitch
> sound.
> wondering if my real tech drivers need updating.
> using a satellite a 300 from toshiba.
> psa g4a.
> can you help?
> or maybe ask any other blind users, who use toshibas
> cheers Marvin.
> ps: still have not got my webcam and mike working yet?
> any one had similar problems?
>

> E-mail: [log in to unmask]
> MSN: [log in to unmask]
> Skype: startrekcafe
> We Are The Borg! You Will Be Assimilated! Resistance Is Futile!
> Star Trek Voyager Episode 68 Scorpian Part One
>
>                         PCBUILD's List Owners:
>                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
>                        Mark Rode<[log in to unmask]>

                         PCBUILD's List Owners: