From:
Chuck Finnigan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Sep 2000 05:13:53 -0700
i'm still having problems with what i think are corrupt video drivers. i'd
like to reinstall them, but i can only boot the machine to a DOS prompt or
windows safe mode. when i let the computer boot to windows, i end up looking
thru wild colors at a frozen windows startup logo.

how do i reinstall the video drivers if i can't get into windows? Safe Mode
won't let me add devices. when i look for the display adapter under Device
Manager in Safe Mode, there is none listed.

i've tried switching a working video card (same model), a different card,
switching PCI slots, reseating SIMM and CPU, to no avail.

thanks for any suggestions.

chuck finnigan

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html