From:
Scott Wood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Jun 2002 17:46:42 -0700
Jim,
Partition Magic is an awesome tool, well worth the money. You might be
surprised how often you may use it once you have it.

I haven't seen XP Home but XP Pro prompts you regarding what you want to do
with partitioning the drive(s) as you begin the installation process.

I'm not sure why you want 3 partitions with XP and NTFS.  You won't see the
fragmentation problems that come with FAT or FAT32.  Partition Magic lets you
set things up, then change your mind (and all your partitions) without having
to reinstall all your software.  A word of caution however, if you hose things
up (e.g., tell PM to do something that you may not be sure of) you can lose
everything on the disk just like that (as I snap my fingers).

Good Luck!
Scott

--- "J. W. Smith" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Currently I have a Dell computer with 40GB hard drive, XP Home Edition
> o/s,  XP Office small business, etc on order.
{snip}