From:
Jim Meagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Mar 1999 09:46:15 -0500
Susan,

There are several ways to transfer/move/copy files from one machine to the
other.

1. (The easiest but not necessarily the fastest)
    Copy the files to portable medium such as floppies, zip disks, CDs, or
tape backup.

2. (This only works if both PCs are using win9x)
    Connect the two PCs using the Windows Direct Cable Connection.

3. (This works for any two PCs but make sure the software can use LFNs)
    Connect the two PCs using third party software like Laplink or PC
Anywhere.

4. (The most labor intensive)
    Move the entire hard drive into the new PC and connect it as a slave
drive.

5. (If your internet account includes enough space AND your ISP allows
FTP)
    Upload all the files to your personal storage space and then download
into the new PC.

Jim Meagher
=====
Micro Solutions Consulting        Member of The HTML Writers Guild
http://www.ezy.net/~microsol     International Webmasters Association
410-543-8996                MS Site Builder Network - Level 2 member
=====