From:
Bob Lendrim <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Jul 2008 17:16:45 -0400
Last week I had a perfect functioning Vista laptop in Florida. Then I went on a boat delivery trip. Before we left, the boat's electronic guy put something on my laptop from a thumb drive. That enabled me to get on the boat's wireless which had an internet connection. All was well.

When we unplugged to leave on the trip, the boat had no more internet connection. When we made a couple of stops along the way, I tried connecting to some unsecured wireless at the Marinas. I got asked unclear questions by unidentified protective software which I didn't know how to answer. I was unable to connect.

Now I am in New England and my MSIE V7 won't get any web sites. It says "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" The diagnostics (analyze & repair) say there is internet available. My Avast is sucessfully updating. My newsgroups program is downloading files. But MSIE 7 won't get any web sites, wired or wireless. I have tried turning off the Comodo firewall and Avast antivirus. I've been messing with various settings for a couple of days. I deleted the boat's connection. Quote "All Internet security settings are set to their recommended levels". My Vista is up to date except for some optional updates. Spybot updates and finds no problems. Adaware updates and finds noothing of consequence. It seems as if MSIE 7 is the only thing not working. My wife's XP laptop (MSIE 6), a foot away using the same router, is working normally.

While I was writing this on another computer, MSIE 7 reached my home page on the net one time. Then it stopped working again.

I don't know of a way to repair or reinstall MSIE 7. Does anybody have any suggestions what to try next? Thanks very much, Bob Lendrim

                         PCBUILD's List Owners:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                        Mark Rode<[log in to unmask]>