From:
Chris Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Jun 2005 08:29:24 -0400
Date:    Sat, 11 Jun 2005 20:09:46 -0500
From:    Dianne Erdos-Rush <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: WIN XP CLEAN INSTALL PROBLEM

Hi,
After the computer crashed, I did a clean install of Windows XP Pro.  I got
a strange error message at the same point two times.  So I thought, well,
maybe the disk is corrupted or something.  So I attempted a clean install of
Windows XP Home.  Same message, same time:
A PROBLEM HAS BEEN DETECTED AND WINDOWS HAS BEEN SHUT DOWN.  BAD_POOL_CALLER

FOLLOW THERE STEPS TO CORRECT THE PROBLEM:
-CHECK TO MAKE SURE NEW HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE IS PROPERLY INSTALLED.
-IF PROBLEM PERSISTS DISABLE OR REMOVE NEWLY INSTALLED HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE
-DISABLE BIOS MEMORY OPTIONS SUCH AS CHACHING OR SHADOWING
TECHNICAL INFO:  STOP: 0X0000008E
                       KMIXER.SYS - ADDRESS FAE30B08

I dont understand, I was installing the operating system, no hardware was
attached to the computer except the mouse and the monitor and the keyboard.
No software was installed since it was a clean install - hard disk
formatted.
I unfortunately did get the exact specs on the computer, it has 128 MB of
RAM.
Help.
Thanks a million.
Dianne

Diane,
        A quick search of Microsoft's website indicates that the stop message you
are getting relates to faulty memory:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315335. One symptom
that you describe, that you get the error message at the same point, would
suggest to me a hardware related problem. Don't know the 'why', but try
placing a different stick of memory and try again.

Chris Ryan