Date:
Sun, 25 Sep 2005 23:18:27 -0500
Hi,

Specs:
Dell 8300
WinXP  SP2--all updates installed
512 Ram
DVD Drive
DVD-RW Drive
Floppy Drive
Drive C:   Maxtor  120
Drive D:   Maxtor  120
Maxtor External Drive 300--not connected at the time of occurrence
CounterSpy - Up to Date  and Scanned
Norton Anti-Virus (Norton System Works Pro 2003) - Virus section Up
to Date and Scanned
Zone Alarm Pro 6.0.667 (now includes anti-spyware) all updated

C: drive is OS and Programs
D: drive is used for Ghost images, backups of certain files and file
copy via Karen's Replicator

Yesterday, I accessed Drive D for backups with no problem.
Today, I was running e-mail program and surfing.    Received the blue
screen with a STOP message.    System was stopped.   Rebooted and
thought everything was fine.

Now, through My Computer, I tried to access D: drive and was told the
disk was not formatted.   Did I want to format the disk?     The disk
shows up under Device Manager with message that the drive is working
properly.   When I check the disk under Norton Utilities, the message
indicates the drive is not accessible.

I have not tried to format the D: drive yet.     Most of the info on
the D: drive has already been copied to the Maxtor External Drive, so
the data is not lost and can be recreated.

Questions:
1. Is it possible that the Blue Screen with the STOP message caused
me to lose Drive D: or could it just be coincidence?

2. Is there anything I can try or do before attempting to format the drive?

3. Any idea what could have caused the loss of D: drive?

Thanks,

Sue Na