From:
Michael T Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Apr 2002 00:47:25 -0400
Hi Dan,

   First off, You can easily overclock your current CPU to 600Mhz by going into BIOS and setting the FBS to 75Mhz. This worked well with this MB when it came out. People were buying this board and running the Celeron 400 @ 450 to get near PIII 450 performance for about a third the price...

   But becaue the board is PPGA/2.0v Core only, You've reaced the end of the line even if you use something like this to correct the PPGA/FC-PGA problem...

http://www.powerleap.com/Products/neo.htm

   I was told that the board could support core voltages as low as 1.5v amd multipliers as high as x12 if the BIOS had been rewritten, but because of the limited number of these boards these has never happend.

   You can use a upgrade like this...

http://www.powerleap.com/Products/370T.htm

   But for that kinda money you could do this...

http://www.compgeeks.com/details.asp?invtid=A1200AMS3B
http://www.compgeeks.com/details.asp?invtid=HDSA370-WB
http://www.compgeeks.com/details.asp?invtid=K7VZM-NL
http://www.compgeeks.com/details.asp?invtid=ATXCSNOPWR
http://www.compgeeks.com/details.asp?invtid=LP-6100C

   Hope that helps...
    Michael "Max" Miller

>Hi all,
>
>I have a Soyo 7SBB Socket 370 AT-style mobo currently running a Cel 533 processor running at 66MHz.  It's not bad but I fell it's just a bit slow to run certain games properly.  The motherboard is supposed to support 100MHz FSB.  In the manual it says "This Motherboard is designed to be able to support processors with 100MHz FSB. However,Socket 370 processors with 100MHz FSB are not available yet at this moment for testing."
>
>Can one of you kindly advise what CPU's I can possibly use?  Can I use FC-PGA processors that are faster in this mobo?  How do I know what the highest processor speed that I can use?  I see there is a setting in the BIOS to adjust the Bus speed for the CPU.

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml