From:
Doug Simmons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Feb 2001 13:41:13 -0500
At 2/2/01 05:07 PM, Shail Sharma wrote:

>  If I go for a ZIP drive on USB Port, will that
>be external?

Yes. The USB Zips are external.

>I am actually looking for some solution which can allow me to have an
>internal ZIP drive. But ur solution of buying some IDE port seems a very
>good solution. Can u
>tell me what should I buy for having some more IDE port. One more good
>thing, ABIT KT-7 has 6 PCI slot, of which I think 2 should be free. Can I
>some how use them to get some more IDE port?

Yes, there are several IDE controllers for the PCI slot.  One brand name
that I usually use is Promise PCI IDE Controllers.  They are usually sold
to add 4 additional IDE devices. I'm assuming that you already have 4 IDE
devices installed on your machine and don't have a connection for an
additional device.

Doug

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml