From:
Paul Hachmeyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 May 2007 10:59:17 -0400
Do you leave the printer connected via USB cable all the time or do you
disconnect it?  If you disconnect it and plug it back in a different USB
port, you may get the wizard looking to associate that port with the
printer.    Have you tried to unplug the printer and then try to boot
the computer to see if the wizard still pops up?
Paul Hachmeyer

Lewis M Russakov wrote:

>I sent the following computer problem a few weeks ago and never saw it
>come up on the list, so I am resending it as I still have the problem.
>
>Again hoping that someone can help me.
>
>I am at my wits end because every time I boot up, the "Found New Hardware
>Wizard" dialog box appears.
>
>Unfortunately, if I don't click cancel immediately, my computer locks up.
>Also I get a blank icon with the wizards name along side it on the
>Taskbar like when you minimize a window. I am not able to open that icon
>to close the Wizards box.
>
>The interesting thing is that the Wizard is telling me that it found a
>new printer and wants to install it, my current and only printer is
>installed and working perfectly.
>
>I have uninstalled and reinstalled my printer which did not correct the
>problem.
>
>Control Panel/Printer shows the following;  my printer and the fax part
>of my printer, Generic/Text Only, Microsoft Office Documents Image Writer
>and PaperPort.  I assume that the other printers listed shouldn't have
>anything to do with my problem since they must be installed to be shown
>in the list and I hate to delete them. I have searched in Explorer for
>any old printers that may not have been fully uninstalled and none show
>up.
>
>Beside reformatting, which I am trying to avoid, does anyone have any
>suggestions.
>
>I am running XP - sp2. My printer is a Canon MP730.
>
>Your help will be greatly appreciated.
>
>Lew

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com