From:
"Dean K. Kukral" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Jan 2008 12:13:32 -0600
Try this check: next time you boot, go into the cmos settings and see if
they show the drives properly.  If they do not, your system is old
enough ("win2k") that the cmos battery needs to be replaced.  This is an
easy check and quick fix.  If the drives are displayed correctly, then
your problem could be in your bios or operating system.  Trying a
"repair" from the os disk might help.  (I am not familiar with sin2k.)
When the cmos battery goes bad, all sorts of weird things can happen
(including getting the wrong date and time every time you boot - usually
the first indication), but I have not ever observed your particular
problem nor remember reading anything like it here.

Dean Kukral