From:
Fran Lumb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Nov 2013 08:24:23 -0800
Paul, It depends on the standard you are using. 568a or 568 b. If you
purchase connectors for a faceplate or box they will be labeled  as such, or
just a or b.
The most common standard is 568b. Here is a link with the pin assignments
for both. I hope this helps.

http://www.computercablestore.com/568a_568b_color_codes.aspx