From:
Jonathan Stec <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 May 1998 16:15:06 -0400
>>Hi Joe,

>>    Will the E-Z Drive software override the Ontrack DDO or do I have to
>>remove the Ontrack before using E-Z Drive? Since I cannot find any DDO
>>removal program on my HD, how would I go about disabling this program?

Migrating from Ontrack Disk Manager to EZ-Drive.

If you have Ontrack Disk Manager software installed on your hard drive,
you can migrate to EZ-Drive without seting up a new drive or reformatting
an existing drive by following these steps:

  1. Place the EZ-Drive disk in drive A: and reboot the computer.

  2. After EZ-Drive loads, press <ENTER> twice to display the Main Menu.

  3. Choose "Advanced Options," then choose "EZ-BIOS Setup." If EZ-Drive
     prompts you to select a drive, choose the boot drive (usually Drive 1).

  4. EZ-Drive displays the following message:
 "This drive does not have EZ-BIOS installed."
 "Press Y to install EZ-BIOS now."

     Press Y.

  5. EZ-Drive displays the following message:
 "EZ-Drive has detected a drive with Disk Manager installed.
  Since Disk Manager is not compatible with EZ-Drive you may not
  setup any drives until Disk Manager is removed."
 "Press Y to replace Disk Manager with EZ-BIOS"

     Press Y.

  6. EZ-Drive displays the following message:
 "Disk Manager replaced with EZ-BIOS."

Remove the EZ-Drive disk from the floppy drive. Press <ESC> four times,
then press <ENTER>. The computer reboots and EZ-BIOS loads instead of
Disk Manager.