From:
Jane McNair <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Aug 2007 07:53:37 -0700
Joyce -

  I  am impressed.   I put the old keyboard in (Logitecj Deluxe 104) and now I am back to normal.  Now I have to find out why my brand new Microsoft Ergonomic keyboard caused the problem.  I hope it was just my mistake when I installed it.

  Thank you so much !
  Jane

Joyce E <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
  I had very much the same problem with both of my eMachines (watered-down
Gateways). Turned out in both cases to be the keyboard! Each one had
developed a hole under the most-used keys. Replaced the keyboards with
brand-name IBMs (better reach and feel!) and haven't had any more trouble.

Joyce in SE Ohio

Jane McNair wrote:
> I am running Windows XP Home on a Gateway and suddenly can only boot the computer in safe mode. ...

PCBUILD's List Owners:
Bob Wright
Drew Dunn

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,