From:
joseph marty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Dec 2004 06:50:56 -0500
An unusual configuration, but what comes to mind is that you may have put the DDR in the SDRAM banks. Each type would have its own banks to put them in.  What you need to do is put the DDR ram in the empty banks where the current SDRAM is not installed.

>Hi guys,
>I have the following problem,Iwanted to add more memory to my pc
>it had 1 stick of 256 sdram,I have bought 2 sticks of 256 pc2100ddr,the
>problem is when i put the new ram in the pc boots up then i get a funny muzzy
>pc screen.
>I took the ddr sticks out and put back in the sdram nad it works .
>So could any one advise me on what i have done wrong?.
>Do i need to do anything in the bios?.
>Iwent to crucials web site and got a list of compatible ram and it lists the
>ram i bought.
>My motherboard is made by elite group model number P4VMM2 (VER 5).
>In the manual it says the board has 2 banks of ddr and 2 banks of sdram.
>My pc is running xp sp2, the processor is a celeron 2ghz.
>If you need more information just say the word,
>Thanks in advance for your help

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.

                    Digest mode - visit our web site: