From:
Thomas Mayer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Mar 2006 20:35:28 -0800
I have found that my built in wireless adapter is better than two
previous external adapters that were used on a previous laptop. I would
suggest trying to remedy the apparent problem with the Gateway laptop
before buying an external adapter. Members will probably have several
ideas for you. I would start by changing the wireless channel on the two
laptops and the router. The problem laptop might operate better on a
different channel. After that, I would try adjusting the orientation of
the antennae of the router. The gateway laptop could be more sensitive
to the signal shape/propagation.

To replace the internal card, I would disable it through control
panel/system/hardware/device manager and then install the external card
in accordance with the instructions that come with it.

I hope this helps.
Tom Mayer