From:
Tom Sykora <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Feb 1999 16:21:53 -0600
Hi,
I have isolated my freeze up situation to the primary and secondary HD
controllers.  The master Intel 82371 SB PCI BusMastering Controller is
reported to be  working properly, but the primary and secondary HD
controllers have the exclamation point, and both report, "This device is
not present, not working properly, or does not have all the drivers
installed.  code 10."  I replaced the ribbon cable, installed and deleted
the Intel controller, and tried to find the drivers for the primary and
secondary ide units in Win 92.  When I look under drivers for the
primary/secondary controllers the machine reports, "no dirver files are
required or have been loaded for this device."
I have been on hold forever to tech support at ASUS regarding this KN97-X
motherboard numerous times and left messages and email for them to no answer.
Questions:
1.  Is this freeze problem because of lack of drivers
     for the primary and secondary controllers?

2.  Can I avoid replacing the motherboard by adding
     a new $40.00 ide controller card?  This would be
      a simple fix for me.

(I also tried finding tech support for this controller at Intel today, and
feel like I entered the twilight zone.)

Thanks,
Tom Sykora

                         PCBUILD's List Owner's: