From:
joseph marty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Nov 2001 10:37:34 -0500
Does your ISP use TC/IP.  If so, make sure you haven't bound Netbeui to TC/IP. Check TC/IP's bindings to make sure Netbeui isn't bound to it. Go to start/run and type in winipcfg.  On the drop down make sure you select your NIC card.  It should display the default IP of your router, and subnet mask of 255.255.255.0.  It should also show an IP address for your computer.  If it doesn't, click release all, then renew all.  Make sure that in TC/IP the gateway tab is blank, that automatic assignment of IP is checked, and DNS is disabled. Do all that when you're checking the bindings tab.  You should be able to get into the router's setup screen. When you're done, unplug the power cord from your DSL modem for 15 seconds, the plug it back in.  They don't tell you that in the instructions that your DSL or Cable modem has to reset.