From:
Thomas Mayer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Jul 2008 22:54:29 -0700
Vernon

I somehow missed your latest post till now. I do not use an outbound
firewall, but I am careful of where I roam on the Internet and
what/where I download files. If you somehow get a "bad" program on your
computer that wants to send out private information or other matters, an
outbound firewall will likely block it.

Tom

> On Fri, Jul 25, 2008 at 4:02 PM, Vernon Plumlee <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>

>> Thanks for the reply, Thomas, but why would a firewall be needed for
>> outbound messages? Feel like I'm losing something here... I and my brother
>> are the only users and we're a little technically challenged. The router I
>> have is a Linksys BEFSR41, 4 port. Do you know if this one would not suffice
>> as a firewall for inbound messages. Thanks for your input ! Vern.
>>
>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Thomas Mayer" <[log in to unmask]

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com