Date:
Fri, 8 Oct 1999 18:01:12 -0400
On 8 Oct 99, at 10:42, Changhsu P. Liu wrote:
> Any suggestions to make it work with NT4 with minimum effort
> (hopefully no reformat of the whole drive is needed)?

This is an IDE disk ?

To utilise large IDE hard disks with NT setup, you need to
provide, at install time, the ATAPI.SYS driver from NT Service
Pack 4.
You can download ATAPI.EXE from Microsoft which is a self
extracting file whose contents you place on diskette. This has
the .SYS driver and the .INF file.

During setup, it will ask to detect mass storage devices. You
press S and provide the diskette with the updated ATAPI driver.

There is a KB article on the MS site that describes this in more
detail.

Gerard R Thomas
Port of Spain,  Trinidad and Tobago
mailto:[log in to unmask]  mailto:[log in to unmask]
PGP Key IDs: RSA:0x9DBCDE7D  DH/DSS:0xFF7155A2

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html