Date:
Thu, 1 Dec 2005 21:11:15 -0500
The Dell 2405 24" LCD is awesome.  I bought one about a month ago.  At its native resolution of 1920 X 1200 you can see everything.  It has PiP and P by P, USB 2.0 ports, a multi-card reader built in, and is the most awesome LCD I've owned.  Before it I had a Samsung 213t which was also awesome, but not quite as big.

If you google search for Dell coupons you can buy this monitor directly from Dell with the 3-year warranty for $781 including shipping, if your state is not subject to Dell imposing a sales tax. It is readily available all over the Internet for less than $1000, and if you look carefully on Ebay you can get it for under $900 pretty easily.  Watch out for warranty problems on the ebay purchases, though.   I bought mine from a young student who had to bail out of the purchase for financial reasons a month or so after he bought it brand new. I got a deal at www.craigslist.com from him that I couldn't refuse for cash.

Mark Rode <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I think it depends on what you use  your monitor for. If you are a graphics
>artist or video developer, who has a high end CRT, then you have an
>expert's eye, and you probably will have a tough time finding a LCD that
>meets your approval. LCD's are great for text, but still aren't as good as
>a CRT's for Graphics and video Pros. Well, maybe in the very high end.
>
>One problem is that they have native resolutions that you can't switch
>around. Another is there are no real adjustments, like, for example,
>temperature, that allow for a calibration of color. And finally you have to
>be looking straight at them to appreciate all their qualities.
>
>I use multi-monitors and have not found any LCD that approaches the
>quality, and usefulness, of my Mitsubishi 2040u's, which were, in their
>time, pretty expensive.
>
>However, I have read that the Dell 24 inch LCD's are pretty impressive, and
>display the desktop real estate of two 21 inch CRT's at their native
>resolution, but they are over a 1000 dollars.
>
>Rode
>The NOSPIN Group
>http://www.freepctech.com/rode/
>

>At 08:21 PM 11/30/2005, you wrote:
>>I just switched from a 15" CRT to a 19" LCD monitor.  I've tried two, a
>>KDS and a Samsung.  Neither one looks as nice as the CRT.  They are both
>>too bright.  And the text doesn't look crisp enough.  I've used Clear
>>Type, but it hasn't helped.
>>
>>I'm using a year old HP computer running WinXP2.
>>
>>Should I spend more money.  Are there minimum settings I should be
>>looking for?  Any ideas?

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.

                    Digest mode - visit our web site: