From:
Mary Wolden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Mar 1998 11:46:49 -0600
>Philippe wrote:
>I have problems in the configuration below with Win95a
>which runs all the HDD in slow MS-DOS compatibility mode. I don't know
>why !!
>Autoexec.bat & config.sys do NOT contain any real-mode driver !
>Asus patch has been run for PCI detection with Win95.
>Intel PIIX4 BusMaster driver can't be installed due to above problem.

If you installed the patch for PCI detection after the drivers were in MS
DOS compatibility mode, an entry will be in your registry which will prevent
the bm drivers from initializing.  If this is what has occurred you can
check for the entry in your registry at the following key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\VxD\IOS

There will be a key with NO IDE or something like that    -  delete it and
reboot and your BM drivers should load.  Make sure that you back up your
registry before making any changes to it.

Hope this helps

Mary Wolden