From:
Carl Houseman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 Jul 2004 18:23:18 -0400
Given the history of that XP installation (unknown and bootleg) and your
experience (slow, didn't work well), yes you want to reformat.  No telling
what kind of crapware is on that HDD.

Just boot the XP CD, select the existing partition, and you will be given an
option to format the partition.

The time spent to re-install everything will be worthwhile in the long run.

Carl