From:
Andrew Marker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Aug 2000 17:25:16 GMT
You wrote===I just switched off the computer and when I switched it on the
next day it would not start. I don't know if anyone did anything to it while
I was away.==

Remove all peripherals [cards, cables, connections to hd and floppies
[[first the power connections then the 'ribbon']] piece by piece, switching
the machine on and off with each removal.  When everything is out and you
still don't have a start, check the power output of transformer [see other
earlier post for directions or voltages].  If no voltage, it's your
transformer, if you have voltage and the connectors to the mobo from the
transformer are correct [I'm not sure but I think there should be matching
colors at the center of the two connectors-I recall they are black], it is
likely a motherboard problem, but I would be conservative in making this
final conclusion until I had taken everything out and put it all back from
scratch.  In my experience a lot of unncessary parts are replaced in this
day of easy swap in and out.

AM