From:
Troy Havard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 May 2000 20:30:19 -0500
Additionally, I was told by iomega (had a similar prob with one of their drives)
that it would not be possible to utilize the floppy channel for tape devices due
to the way win98 handled it.  On the one that is working, is it on a 98 machine
and is it floppy channel?

Troy

"Gary R. Tennesen" wrote:

> First of all, is your tape drive using the floppy channel?
>
> I've had past experience where updating the the BIOS or the drivers for the
> Intel or VIA chipset has made the HP more readable from the floppy i/o
> channel.
>
> Go to the website of your motherboard and begin with IDE or chipset driver
> updates before going after the BIOS.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> gary r. tennesen

                   messages? Visit our staff web site: