From:
Bob Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 May 2000 19:51:47 -0600
At 09:44 AM 05/15/2000 , you wrote:
>Hi everyone,
>
>I have a 7 years old HP deskjet 500 printer. It still works alright
>untill past day. The paper feeder has lost its strength, so paper in
>tray cannot reach the paper feed wheel, as a result, I have to push each
>paper to the wheel if I want to print something, otherwise the printer
>will say "out of paper".
>
>Because the printer is not worth to call up HP or other printer service
>to fix up, so I ask here if anyone has an idea on how to fix the problem
>all by myself without expensive parts (the printer doesn't worth too
>much, so I perfer cheap solution on fix).

Cleaning it as Mark suggested might solve the problem, but you should
also check the paper lift mechanism in the tray.  The paper load
mechanism is an ear-shaped black piece located on the right side
of the In tray.  As this piece turns, the paper is lifted up to the rollers.

If the load mechanism is jammed, turning the black piece to the right and
to the left  a few times may clear the problem.

     Bob Wright
The NOSPIN Group

                     visit our download web page at:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html