From:
Jim Meagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Mar 1998 17:45:43 -0500
Orestes,

You have stated two different problems.
"Win95 can't find the modem" is a completely different kind of problem
than "no dial tone".

First I will assume that when you removed and reinstalled the modem
that fixed the first problem.  So that leaves us with no dial tone....
this is usually due to a problem with the telephone system not the PC.

Is the modem plugged in to the phone line?  Have you tried a different
telephone cable?  If this is in an office environment, is the
telephone system analog or digital?  Modems will not work on digital
phone systems without a special adapter.

Jim Meagher
=====
Micro Solutions Consulting     Member of The HTML Writers Guild
http://www.ezy.net/~microsol   International Webmasters Association
=====