From:
Thomas Mayer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Jan 2008 09:52:24 -0800
Did he not receive a recovery disk when he purchased the system? He
should be able to use that to restore the Operating System. If not, he
should request one from HP. Better still, for a few dollars he might be
able to purchase the actual operating system from HP.

Tom Mayer

Clyde W. Burns wrote:
> I have a friend whose computer's hard drive failed. He had an extended warranty other than HP's warranty and the tech came out and replaced the hard drive but as he did not have an operating disk, that's all the tech guy did. I assume that the operating system was on a separate partition on the hard drive and he didn't or didn't know how to make a copy of it. My question is what are his options as he can't seem to get any help at the place that he bought it and the warranty people will not return his calls. I think he has a communication problem with the store and maybe even with me, but that is the way he explained it to me. Any help would be appreciated, thank you in advance.

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml