Date:
Mon, 4 Oct 1999 11:57:38 -0700
I have had that problem when the user has a large monitor and I am
using just a 15" monitor on the work bench. You can see the DOs
prompts,etc. but once windows loads up the device drivers for the
video board, it would put out video beyond the capabilities of the
monitor. I booted into safe mode (doesn't load video drivers) and
changed the settings down to something my monitor could handle.
> Hi everyone,
> I'm trying to boot a system that has 200MMX intel chip. The chip has
> replaced an earlier Cyrix 6x86MX-PR200 chip according to the owner. The
> system will do a POST, identify the hardware configuration, report
> ESCD...success, then lose video! Sometimes it will reboot before reporting
> ESCD success but will ultimately suffer the same fate! Video cards have been
> changed for diagnostic purposes (brand new)and I don't believe RAM to be the
> problem as it reports the correct amount during POST. I don't suspect the
> CPU because previous CYRIX chip was reported to do the same thing. any
> suggestions are much appreciated. Thank you very much!

Dale Laluk / [log in to unmask]
P.O. Box 308
Hudson's Hope, B.C. V0C 1V0
250-783-9921