From:
Peter Shkabara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Mar 2013 06:44:56 -0700
Hi Phillip,

You don't need an Internet connection to do the Remote Assistance control. I
have a desktop and a laptop computer on my home network, with the laptop
running XP and connected through the wireless of my router. Instead of using
the laptop keyboard and touchpad, I sometimes use Remote Assistance to
control the laptop using my desktop - effectively using the desktop
keyboard, mouse, and display - this is what you appear to be wanting to do.

As long as the two computers can "see" each other on the network, you can
use the Remote Assistance mode. Go to the computer you want to control and
have it issue an invitation file. Save this file to a thumb drive or disk
and use it on the other computer to make the connection. When you issue the
invitation, you will have a time limit set for length of time the invite is
good for. You might want to set it to a very long time so as not have it
time out and need to generate a new invite.

Good luck

Peter Shkabara