From:
Tom Turak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Apr 1999 13:06:54 -0400
KVM is "Keyboard, Video, Mouse".  After reading other posts I have
several more comments.  I do not have a system that will not
boot without a monitor present.  I do get the new hardware wizard
message "new hardware found....installing plug and play monitor"
the next time I boot a system that booted before without a monitor.
My systems must have a mouse attached, so I sometimes do not
share the mouse even though the manual KVM switch has a mouse
port.  If your bios will let you, set the keyboard to "don't detect" or
"not present" so the boot is not interrupted with a "press F1 to continue"
message, or set the value for "pause on errors" to "fatal errors" or
something else other than "all".  Some of my systems do not
have battery backup, and I have had no problems with them re-booting
during storms and other power outages.
tom turak