From:
Robert Fisher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Jul 2003 08:09:55 -0700
Hi Group,
Responding to the first question by Jerry Fitzgerald about defragging
First, close all running applications in your tool bar including any virus
scanners running in the back ground. Then Hit Control- alt-delete in that
order using three fingers, holding the buttons down while hitting the next.
This should give you a window of all the programs running in the back
ground. One at a time highlight each program EXCEPT SYSTRAY AND EXPLORER and
hit "end task" the highlighted program will close. You will have to hit
Control-alt-delete again each time to get the running programs window back
and repeat the process until only Systray and Explorer are still running.
Now you can do your SCAN AND DEFRAG programs. If this hasn't been done for
along time it will take along time for the programs to run so have something
else to do while waiting for the progs to finish. After you are all done
restart your puter and you will see a noticeable increase in speed that your
progs load and run.

For the people wondering about windows 98 verses ME.
98 will no longer be supported by Microsoft in less than a years time and as
you have noticed is no longer for sale. Win ME is a real buggy version of 98
which was put out in beta form fully expecting to be patched and upgraded
via web downloads from Microsoft. So if you haven't been keeping up on your
patches that may be why you are having allot of trouble with ME. Windows
2000 is the only GOOD replacement for Win 98 for those of us running older
machines with 98 or 95 installed already

Robert Fisher