From:
Ted Gamin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Sep 2002 22:14:58 -0700
I have seen this happen before and the seller is
right. Often times there is what is known as memory
leak where something stored in memory does not clear
fully and this can hamper the amount of ram available.
This will slow down a machine as it waits for free
memory. As for Fans, computer cases are designed to
flow air by pulling it thru the case and cooling the
hottest components (CPU and power supply) first and
then the heated air is expelled thru strategically
placed slots so as not to blow directly on the user.

   While you can run with the side cover off for
testing purposes I would not recommend this for
regular use. Has anyone vaccumed out the inside of the
computer? Fuzz and lint act like little sweaters on
components and restrict airflow as well. Best of Luck!
Ted

http://freepctech.com