From:
Yui Shin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 May 2000 12:21:29 -0700
> Howdy all, I put  an isa 56k win modem in my computer some 4 months
> ago. In
> reading a read me file on the floppy disc that came with the modem it
> stated that there was a file on the disc that would enable the modem
> to be
> used in a dos box. The file is on my hard drive in control panel
> under
> system and in the device manager tab under modems in the properties
> button.
> How do I enable this driver (vxd) file to let me use my modem with my
> dos
> telecommunication program? Thanks for any help. It is an ESS modem.
> The
> file is named "esuart.vxd"

Hi,
I've seen this on a couple of newer models. At least, I
think it's the same thing you're referring to. These models
had a extra Tab labeled DOS under the Modem Properties in
Device Manager. The settings were similar to capturing a
printer port. So, under the DOS tab you would see your current
port/IRQ & a box to check for DOS emulation. Following, would
be port/IRQ settings to be assigned by the user for the emulation.
You would simply assign standard addressing that DOS programs
would recognize, i.e. com2/IRQ3.

hope this helps
-yui

                     visit our download web page at: