From:
Robert Cunningham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Aug 1998 16:19:39 -0500
I am the one with the black death problem.  First thanks to those who
have promptly responded with good suggestions.  Second, permit me to
clarify my original post.

Both the mobo and cpu are 5 months old, bought as a replacement.  (They
are still "new" to me, as opposed to my "old" 486's and 386's)  The PC
has been on 24/7 since April, but for a few hours downtime to install
the 4.3 gig HD 30 days ago, as well as a slightly faster modem.
Otherwise, everything, box, monitor, etc. have functioned flawlessly
until this week.  We've had no T-storms or surges that I know of, and
though the BIOS supports a sleep mode, I've disabled that, though I will
doublecheck.  Any more ideas?

Robert Cunningham