From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 May 2005 23:49:36 -0700
CONFIG.SYS and AUTOEXEC.BAT can be a useful way to bootstrap a system,
getting it to where you can do a real Win32 install from a CD-ROM.  Once
that install has been don, these entries are no longer needed.

  The "sysedit" command will bring up a window where you can edit the
contents of these files (and a couple of others.  There isn't likely to be
much in CONFIG.SYS and AUTOEXEC.BAT that you actually need, but there could
be a couple of things, so for now just add "rem " in front of the lines
which reference LSL.COM and NDISHLP.SYS, save, and reboot.

  (If you want to post the contents of these two files here, list members
may be able to suggest other things you also don't need in there.)

David Gillett

On 4 May 2005 at 0:53, LARRY JOUBERT wrote:

> Hi, There.
>
> As soon my computer starts I have to deal with this problem:
> "This driver is provided by Oak Technology, Inc
> OTI-91X Atapi  CD-ROM
> Device driver, Rev D91Xu352
> Device name:  IDE CD000
> C:\>C:\window\LSL.com
> Bad command or file name
> Error loading Device Driver NDISHLP.Sys
> Error  7323
>
> I press any key to continue and after that the computer loads OK.
>
> HP. Pavilion 4550Z
> Windows: 98
> Memory: 192 Meg
> Intel Celeron: 467 Meg.
> No network.
> Outlook Express: 6
> Internet Exp: 5
>
> Is there a way to get rid of this problem ?
>
> Regards,  Larry

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml