Date:
Fri, 29 Dec 2006 12:43:07 -0800
Hi Russ,

Thank you for the clear explanation that you provided. I do have one
comment/question to add to this. It was my understanding that the newer
designs of hard disk have a relatively constant bit density on their tracks.
The inner tracks would have fewer sectors than the outer ones. The firmware
on board the hard drive electronics translates all the internal operations
into whatever the external controller needs to see. Am I mistaken on this
item?

Peter