From:
JERRY NICKERSON <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Mar 2003 19:47:54 -0800
I am attempting to locate an ASUS bios upgrade utility that will flash my motherboard bios.

Here are the details:
Home built system
ASUS P2B motherboard
Award ASUS P2B ACPI BIOS REV. 1006  (original bios with label saying "built 10/09/98")

I downloaded the AFLASH.EXE program from the ASUS web site and saved the old bios.
The screen listed my bios as "Unknown" Flash Memory.  Per the instructions, I backed out
of the utility without flashing the bios.

Next, I poked around the ASUS website looking for the Live Update utility.  I never did locate
this file.  I'm not even sure if it will work on my MB/bios.  Likewise, the Knowledge Base turned
nothing specific to my motherboard.

The manual that came with the motherboard say you can flash the bios with the AFLASH.EXE
utility.  Do you think ASUS drops older motherboards from the list of flashable units?

Thanks.

Jerry

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml