From:
"Steven J. Wolfe" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Jul 2001 16:57:56 -0600
Most Computer Electronics, including power supplies must meet certain
specifications set by the FCC! There are at least 2 types that I know of. 1)
FCC Class A: Which requires verification (self approval) by the
manufacturer, for Business, and office use. and 2) FCC Class B requires
either certification by the FCC or self-approval under the Declaration of
Conformity process. which is for home use! You might check the
classification labeled somewhere on your Power supply. But as a rule, always
try to get Class B approved! If not you will experience some of the problems
you are now. If it is Class B that you have now, then you should return the
unit since it may be defective, or exchange for another unit!

For more info. check http://www.fcc.gov

steve.....