From:
Bradley Marden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 May 2000 18:49:18 -0400
Hello i recently accquired an old computer 486sx. Not really interested in using the computer just the hard drive. I want to use it as a small second hard drive for music. The problem is when i put it in this computer as a slave to the main hd and started up the computer it reads it as a slave drive and begins to post. But hangs up after it loads the cd-rom driver. The hard drive is a old Samsung 280 mb drive. I want to think that the problem is that the main drive is fat32 and the other reads as fat. Oh i can read the drive when i start in Safe mode and i can format it or read the stuff off of it. I am running win98se and i formatted it and try to restart again, samething happens. I tryed changing the jumpers on the hd to see if was that with no luck. I would like to be able to use this drive if it is at all possible. I tried to  convert the old hd to fat32 but it is too small to do.

TIA

Bradley Marden

                     visit our download web page at:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html