From:
Brent Reynolds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Dec 1998 05:01:00 -500
Hi, This is for Walt Ezyk, regarding memory for am IBM Blue Lightning DX4/75
board-based system.  YOu need the 72-pin SIMMs, True parity, capable of
fast-paging mode.  I don't have their address or E-mail handy, but you can
definitely get them from,
Shenandoah Memory Systems.  I believe they are in Vienna, or Falls Church,
Virginia, USA.  They use name-brand memory chips, fully tested, and
guaranteed, no cheap stuff.  Note, they won't quote you the rock-bottom
price either, but nobody will beat their quality or their guarantee.  They
have a toll-free number good all over the U.S., and they send a
representative to many of the big regular week-end computer "shows" all over
the eastern half of the country.  If my memory serves me correctly, that
board has four SIMM sockets.  You can put any size of single-sided SIMMs in
each of the four slots, or use two double-sided SIMM modules, leaving
alternate sockets empty.  With single-sided, 16MB 32-bit full, true parity,
SIMMs, you max out at 64MB of RAM.  With 2 32MB double-sided modules, you
max out at 64MB.  With 2 8MB double-sided modules, you max out at 16MB.
With four 4MB single-sided modules, you get your 16MB.  The board is picky.
Forget about using non-parity memory modules, or ones that use parity
emulation.  The Blue Lightning board doesn't like them.

Reply to: [log in to unmask]
Brent Reynolds, Atlanta, GA  USA

Ask not for whom the bell tolls; let the machine get it.

Net-Tamer V 1.11.2 - Registered

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html