From:
Tom Turak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Nov 2001 19:42:40 -0500
Here is an interesting related situation: I had a nice KDS Visual Sensations
monitor that would randomly cause windows 98 to announce during startup 'New
hardware found - configuring KDS Visual Sensations....'.  I went to the KDS
site and got the driver so that device manager would stop calling it 'plug
and play monitor' and started to refer to it as 'Visual Sensations VS-7e',
but that didn't change windows' habit of randomly saying 'New hardware
found' etc. when I was booting up.  It never effected the monitor
performance or changed the settings I prefer, it just couldn't seem to get
it permanently installed.  Its these little inexplicable things that make
windows so much fun.
Tom Turak