From:
Peter Shkabara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Mar 2003 14:54:07 -0800
Once more I ran into an XP problem. I have two modems on my work computer
and have used both for multilink connections (doubles the speed by using two
phone lines). The problem is that if I want to use the two phone lines
separately to connect two different computers, XP will refuse. I have not
been able to find on Microsoft's website any specifications for XP Pro, but
I am assuming that it has a 10 TCP/IP connection limit, and is also limited
to only ONE dial in connection at a time (except for the multilink which is
treated as a single connection).

My questions to the list are these:

1. Am I correct in my assumptions of the connection limits in XP Pro?

2. Is there a version of XP (like win2k server) that allows more
connections?

3. Is there a way to patch XP Pro to allow more dial in connections?

I feel silly having to post this to the list since my school is part of the
MSDN community and I am the coordinator. However, Microsoft does not make it
any easier for me to get technical information than it does for anyone else.
The limitations they impose on the OS are not publicized!

Thanks for any input.

Peter
The NoSpin Group

                    Digest mode - visit our web site: